Thursday, September 16, 2010

GREAT NEWS!!

I am sitting at the computer all excited and overwhelmed.  Today Brian took a position with Avera in Sioux Falls.  He is their new Executive Director, eCARE Operations.  I am so excited for him and for our family! 

When Brian and I got married and he graduated with his Masters for Minnesota, we believed that living in or real close to Sioux Falls would not be a reality.  Brian loves rural healthcare and what it has to offer.  I accepted this and we went on.  I thought that if we ever lived within 2 hours we would be lucky.

After graduating he took a job with Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City and we lived in Warrensburg while I got my Master's degree.  Next we moved to Trenton and he worked for Wright Memorial Hospital.  Brian's third job was with Hedrick Medical Center in Chillicothe.  We thought we would be in Chillicothe for quite some time.  In fact, when we made it to the 2 year mark I was so excited.  It seemed he changed jobs about every 2 years and that meant a move. 

And while we made it past the 2 year mark in Chillicothe, this spring life changed.  Brian started looking for a new job.  After a few months of praying, worrying, looking, and more praying he found a position with Avera.  The position he found wasn't the right fit, but it led him to the position he will be starting.  Unfortunately that story and job search isn't quite that easy.

While I prayed, I also cried.  I don't like the unknown, uncertainty, or change.  But really, who does?  He did interviews, both on the phone and in-person.  We even made a trip to Columbus, Nebraska as a family so we could see the town, look around and found out what it had to offer.  The position Brian interviewed for seemed a perfect fit.  The town was very nice and had a lot to offer to our family.  I thought to myself, I could live here.  Then we got the dreaded call, he didn't get the job, they hired the other candidate.  I questioned that day why this happened.  I wanted to know and wanted answers.  I wanted certainty in my life, I wanted control. 

We moved forward and Brian kept searching and interviewing.  I continued to pray.  Some days the prayer seemed hard and I just wanted answers and I wanted them now!  Wow, I felt like a little kid who is learning patience.  Then, I thought of the words I told Julianne so many times to cheer her up and calm her down, "Enjoy each day we have here.  Focus on each day and don't worry about the future".  Wow, that is what I needed to do.  From there I decided that I needed to do that.  Have fun, hang out with friends, play, swim, and enjoy the time. 

But still, I wondered why he didn't get the job that seemed such a good fit.  Today though, I know why...God had better plans for us!  We could not see the future to know that we WOULD have the chance to move back to the Sioux Falls area.  God did know and while getting us there he has taken us on an amazing journey and blessed us with 3 wonderful children. 

We thank each of you who have blessed our lives along our journey.  We thank God for each of you. 

We have a lot to look forward to with this next move, but we also will shed some tears as we move away from some great friends. 

Brian will be starting his new job next week.  The kiddos and I will be hanging out in Chillicothe.  We have a house to sell.  So, the uncertainty continues, but I know that God has a plan and I will wait to see what he has for us.  I am blessed to be living life each day and look forward to all the fun times ahead!

1 comment: