Wow, how crazy life has been! We are going thru a lot of changes in our lives and are looking forward to the adventures that lay ahead. Brian left this morning for a conference in Chicago. He will be back Thursday night. Friday morning he leaves for another conference, this time he is only going to Jeff City and will be back early Saturday evening.
We had Will's ears checked last night. His left ear is clear, yeah! Unfortunately his right ear is still pink. The doctor did not prescribe any antibiotics, he wanted us to check in with Will's pediatrician first. Though Dr. H said that he wouldn't be surprised if his right ear had an infection again in 2-3 days, ugh!! So, this morning I called Dr. Burgert's (our pediatrician) office to let them know. I had to go through the whole story of the ear infections and burst ear drums, I knew I put it all on the calendar for a reason! The nurse told me she was going to pull Will's chart, talk to Dr. Burgert and give me a call back. I am anticipating a trip to KC for us this week. If we do it will be a quick and crazy trip as I am the taxi driver for everything this week for the girls and it is not a light week. Oh well, it is part of motherhood and I love to watch my girls be involved in things, so they are social, disciplined, learn, and most importantly have fun!
I will keep you posted as to what I find out with his ears, but the understanding I have from Dr. Burgert, Dr. H and a few nurses is that Will is a candidate for tubes. Hopefully I will know more within the next couple of days because I am getting worn out with all these ear infections!
Here are the stats for Will's ears:
Feb. 8 - Ear infection #1, right ear only
Feb. 12 - Finish first antibiotic (5 day treatment)
Feb. 14 - Both ear drums burst
Feb. 15 - start antibiotic ear drops
Feb. 22 - end antibiotics
Feb. 23 - 4 month check-up, ears given a clean bill
Feb. 27 - ear infection in both ears, start Augmentin
March 8 - finish the augmentin, now has a rash, start benadryl
March 11 - Rash is gone, talk to Dr. Burgert's nurse, Will is probably allergic to Augmentin (further talks lead to allergic to penicillin)
March 12 - ear infection in both ears, start Bactrim
March 22 - done with Bactrim and had his ears checked; left ear looks great, right ear is still pink
March 23 - Talked with nurse at Dr. Burgert's office, waiting to hear from Dr. Burgert
As you can see Will has been on some type of antibiotic for around 32 days of the last 43! I am not liking this at all. Hopefully we will get something figured out so my little guy can get better. He was sleeping thru the night until the ear infections started, now he is up 1-2 times a night. I know I should not complain about this since I have friends who are up more than that during the night, but it is hard to regress from sleeping thru the night!
Please say a prayer for Will to get those little ears all healed up. Also, a prayer for Benjamin and Isaac that they both get well and stay healthy!
Love,
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment