This week as I was leaving the Y after working out, the sign by the door caught my eye. I stopped and read the first "headline". It said, "The Amazing Race". I continued to read. The Amazing Race includes 5 miles of swimming, 224 miles of biking, and 50 miles of running. At least that is what I think. I am recalling this from memory, so I may be off a bit with the miles.
After reading this the first day and then the next couple of days the excitement grew. This is a new challenge to keep me going towards my goal of getting healthier. I look at the numbers and think, what am I getting myself into? That is a lot of work. Then I think, what a great challenge! This is something to keep me motivated for about the next 6 weeks. It is a challenge I am looking forward to completing. I am already calculating numbers so I know how many miles I will need to complete each day to stay on track and complete "The Amazing Race".
So, now here is my challenge to each of you. To my Chillicothe friends, I challenge you to sign up for "The Amazing Race". The cost is $25, but I think that is nothing compared to a healthy life. For some they are probably thinking that is a lot of swimming, biking, and running. I say try. Sign-up and try. For my friends who are not in Chillicothe, create your own tracking sheet and embark on this challenge with me. "The Amazing Race" officially begins on April 11. The end date is around May 21st.
This challenge, this journey, I am about to embark on would be great to share with others. I would love to hear about accomplishments, struggles and challenges during "The Amazing Race". I hope to log my miles on here each week and to also share my accomplishments, struggles and challenges.
Let me know if you plan on doing "The Amazing Race" at the Y or on your own by commenting on this blog post. You never know what rewards you my receive!
Will I ever get out of the gym? Those numbers seem so big. I wonder how many inches I can get off with those high numbers. I'm in! There I said it! :) Holly
ReplyDeleteI think I will take you up on that challenge. I did it last year with Missy, because you can do it with a partner and split the mileage. My first go around it was nice to be able to split. It is also nice because an aerobics class counts for 2 miles of running and 30 mins on the elliptical counts for 3 miles. The bikes with the tv's are awesome...find an hour show you like and boom you've biked several miles. Looking forward to reading about everyone's amazing race. Brandi C.
ReplyDeleteSo I was wrong on the running, it is 52 miles. I am looking forward to this new challenge!
ReplyDeleteHope you join me.