Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My journey...

I am on a journey that started about 11 weeks ago.  This journey includes weight-loss, exercise and a life style change to eating healthier.  In these 11 weeks I have lost 14 pounds.

These pounds have not come off easily.  It has taken work and dedication, but it is also rewarding.  There are days when I feel like this is part of my daily routine and wouldn't give it up for anything.  And then there are the days that I don't want to workout, but I do anyways.  Some days are difficult, some days are just there, some days are good and some days are great.

Today was a great day.  I have come to discover I have a cheering section on this journey.  I have family and friends who provide encouragement and support each day.  Thank you to all of you who have cheered me on, encouraged me and provided support.  Today I also came to the realization that I have people cheering for me who I would consider acquaintances.  One of them came by to talk and to give me encouragement during my workout today.  WOW!  It was refreshing to have that person provide support in so many ways and he probably does not even know it.

My journey will continue on and I will take it day by day.  I know that to be healthy there is no "dieting", it is a change in eating habits.  Changes include healthy eating...fresh fruits and vegetables, minimal carbs and lean meats.  It also means exercise.  For me I enjoy the exercise for many reasons.  I feel refreshed when I am done.  I feel energized.  I also get some time to myself.  I put my ear buds in, turn my iPod on and start my workout.  I try to change-up my workout each day.  I may just change one little thing or I may change-up the whole work out.

Thru this journey I am learning a lot about myself.  I feel great and I can't wait to keep this journey going for 11 more weeks, then 11 more, and more and more and more.

Thank you to everyone who has given me support, I could not do this on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment