Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Will's 4 month check-up

Once again we made the trip to Kansas City to see the pediatrician. Will was supposed to have his 4-month check-up on Monday but after the weekend snowstorm the appointment was rescheduled to Tuesday. Will had a great check-up. His ears are clear and he is a healthy baby boy!

Will now weights 17 pounds 13 ounces (95th percentile) and is 25 inches long (50th percentile). If I remember correctly this is very close to Katelyn's stats and a little smaller than Julianne's stats at the same age.

He is on track and even a little ahead of a few milestones. He is getting close to rolling over from his back to his tummy. He gets his head cranked around and his lower body moving, but just doesn't move his torso. I am sure he will roll over when no one is watching. He loves to move when he is on his back by pushing with his feet. Finally, he is starting to grab things now. He is already developing favorite toys (they go with us almost everywhere to help keep him content!), loves to grab at my plate/bowl at the dinner table, and he really loves to pull his sisters' hair.

Will has another 2 months to wait until we start him on solids. His pediatrician likes to wait until 6 months to start solids and I am just fine with that. Both girls were around 6 months when we started them on solids. So, for now I will continue to nurse him. I must say after doing bottles 2 different times, I find it much easier to nurse and I definitely don't have as many dishes to do or do I have as much stuff to pack when we go places!

Happy Thursday to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment