Saturday, January 15, 2011

Changes for Mommy!

So, about a week and a half ago a friend told me she was going to the Y to workout.  I said that sounded like a good thing.  I then asked her if she would like to go with me on Thursday.  She said yes.  So, on Thursday, off to the Y we went.  First, we dropped off kiddos at preschool.  Second, we took our boys into the daycare area at the Y.  I didn't know how William would do when I left, but he did fine!  Then we were off to workout.   

I have to admit, we have had a Y membership for around 4 years and this is the first time I have used the Y solely for myself.  Both girls have used it for gymnastics, swim lessons, basketball, and t-ball.  It is sad when I think about it that I never used this wonderful facility for myself!  But now I am and I will continue to until we move.   

When we got upstairs to the workout area we walked a few laps for a warm-up.  Next, we went to the elliptical machines and did 30 minutes there.  Finally, it was off to do some weights.  While we were on the ellipticals my friend brought up the Y-Fit Challenge and asked if I would be doing it.  I told here I didn't know it was starting.  She informed me that it was starting that day and you could weigh-in Thursday or Friday.  So, I said sure.  After our work out we headed downstairs and weighed-in.

When I weighed-in, I was happy because I was at the weight I was at before I got pregnant with William, but I was also disappointed with my weight.  Right then and there I told myself I was going to do something about this.  I needed to, so I could show my kids a healthy mom.  Now, I must admit, I have vowed to lose weight, eat healthier, and exercise before so what would be different?  This time I am going to do it. I want to live a long life and be around for my kids.  I WANT to be comfortable looking at myself in the mirror.  

So, on Thursday, January 6, 2011I began my exercise program and eating healthy.  I worked out for 8 days straight, doing a combination of cardio and weights.  I also started eating healthier and watching what I eat.  It is amazing how my body and mind have changed in the first 8 days!  While I am exhausted, it is different than the exhaustion I felt a month ago.  I am exhausted because my body is working.  My mind is clear, I contribute this to healthy eating (lots of fruits and vegetables) and a chance to clear my mind without worrying about the kiddos.  I JUST FEEL BETTER!

Today was my first day off, although I was up and moving quite a bit.  My exercise wasn't on a machine it was around the house, up and down stairs, and chasing kiddos.  My body needed a bit of rest.  It is adjusting to all these changes and I need to give it time to figure out what is going on.  I still feel good today, but I am ready to get back to the gym.  I DID MISS THE GYM TODAY, maybe I'll head to the gym tomorrow before Brian leaves.  

I am a convert, I love the gym and will keep working forward towards the goal of a healthier self!

Oh and by the way, I had my second weigh-in and it did't go so well.  I was disappointed at first, but I do know that my body is going thru a lot of changes right now.  IT WILL TAKE TIME, but the important part is to stick with it and I will see results!


No comments:

Post a Comment