Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today...

I am sitting here on the couch tonight and something calls me to look at some of my blogs from 2010.  Wow, it is hard to believe that it is January 2011...where did time go?  Shouldn't it just be the end of January 2010?

When I was in elementary school I always thought the days went by so slow, I think most everyone thinks that as kids.  I remember my parents and many others tell me just wait, when you get older you will want time to slow down.  I laughed at those words, but now I realize they were so very, very right!  I WANT, I NEED, time to slow down.  My baby girl (Julianne), okay she isn't a baby any more, can't be 6 already!  Katelyn shouldn't be 4 and William definitely shouldn't be 1 - he should be a few months old at best.

Time does move forward whether we like it or not.  I guess I'd better like it....life is much easier to be appreciative of what we have and enjoy the moments we have with each other, then to live in the past and miss the "now".  I keep reminding myself if time didn't move forward I wouldn't have new memories of my wonderful (some days they do challenge the thought of them being wonderful) children everyday!  So, I am accepting that time moves fast, but I am going to enjoy every moment and live for today.

Speaking of today, I enjoyed it very much.

Today I got to sleep in (thanks Brian)!  Today I got to see all my kids smile and hear them laugh!  Today I got to taste the food I ate!  Today I got to smell the wonderful outdoors!  Today I got to feel the love of my kids when they hugged me!

So, I am thankful for today.  Today, the love of my family reminded me how lucky I am!

Goodnight dear friends and family.  Tomorrow is a new day and I will appreciate it for everything it has to offer.

Becca

PS.  I will try and get pictures up soon.  I am adjusting to my new MacBook and trying to figure out where I want to store ALL my pictures.  I take at least 250 in a normal week, and when there is something special I usually have a minimum of 500!!

No comments:

Post a Comment