Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Perseverance

Do you ever have one of those mornings that when the alarm goes off you don't want to get out of bed?  I mean really DON'T want to get out of the bed.  Not the I am just too tired to get out of bed, but the I just want life to pause for one day so I can just stay in bed and be lazy, not have to worry about getting the kiddos ready, or remember who needs to be where at what time.  This morning was one of those mornings for me.  I do not really remember the last time I had one of those mornings, but if I was going to guess, it would probably have been sometime last February when William had about a 6 week stint of ear infections and burst ear drums and I was also sick.

Anyways, today, I DID NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF BED!

I had to though.  I got up, got the girls moving, and got ready.  The morning routine is pretty normal around here.  However, if you were watching somedays you wouldn't think that.  It is not uncommon to hear, "Mom, what do I do next?".  So, I once again repeat myself.

Out the door we went this morning, my butt dragging along.  I am not sure why the sudden laziness, but it was there.  I tell myself, I need to keep moving.  First stop, Dewey school to drop Julianne off.  Second stop, the post office to put pictures in the mail.  Third stop, the Y.  Hopefully I can gain some energy.  My workouts seem to help with that.  However, this morning that was not the case.  I started working out and I just wasn't moving as fast as I usually do.  I think to myself, come on muscles and brain work together!  I am 6 minutes into my workout on the elliptical and I am still struggling to keep my normal pace.  I keep pushing.  I keep telling myself one more song and you can be done.  I do this until the timer on the elliptical beeps at me.  YES!  I made it thru.  I made it thru and persevered.  Instead of my normal 35 minutes plus cool down, I did 40 minutes and cool down.  It was a struggle every minute, but I did it.

I could have just went home this morning and skipped the Y, but I didn't.  I pushed myself.  Success for me is going to come thru determination.  Today determination WON!  The little devil on my shoulder fell off for the day.  I made it thru my workout and was productive at home.  Another workout done and another day of living!  Tomorrow will be tomorrow, but today I will celebrate because it is a present.

Becca

PS.  I hope no one construes this as whining or complaining.  It is my motivation to keep moving and I have to remind myself that is okay.  I also hope that it may be motivation for others to push thru when they want to quit or take a break.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment