That is right, Chillicothe is in the middle of a blizzard right now.
As I have watched the news over the past week they have been talking about the epic storm that would be hitting the midwest. I watched and wondered if it would really happen. Guess what, it did! I must say I am enjoying it. To me, it is a comfort of home. I remember the days of sitting at home with my mom and/or dad during the storms. We would venture out, at least I would, with my sister and the neighborhood kids and we would go sledding or just play in the snow. Oh, those were the days!
Now, I am at home with my kids. They are watching this storm in awe. Julianne can't believe how high some of these drifts are getting. The wind is blowing and at times it sounds like objects are hitting the house. I check...it is just the wind.
Since we cannot go outside, well, I won't let the kids go outside, I need to find things to keep the girls' time occupied. Today we played in the basement for a bit and made no-bake cookies. Tomorrow I am planning on doing homemade Valentines, playing the Wii, and doing a little more baking.
If Thursday is another snow day I will be coming up with some more projects. It will include more baking and another art project. I think we will probably break out the boxes of plaster to make stepping stones.
Here are some pictures from the blizzard. A couple are from around 4:30 and a couple are from around 8pm. The snow fall got heavier and the wind picked up as the sun went down.
No comments:
Post a Comment