Friday, February 25, 2011

Another week...another weigh-in

So, yesterday I had another weigh-in for the Get Fit challenge at the Y.  I have not written about my exercise and weight-loss recently for a number of reasons.  One, I haven't made great progress in my weight-loss and two, not much has changed in my exercise routine.  This week my weight didn't change from last week, that is good in that it didn't go up, but it also means it didn't go down.  I just remind myself to keep moving forward.

I am still exercising 5 days a week for at least an hour a day.  I do at least 35 minutes of elliptical each day and then I do weights.  Some days I also do the bike for 10-15 minutes or the stair stepper for 10 minutes.  Some days I am more motivated than others to workout.  Earlier this week I wasn't feeling motivated, but I kept going.  It took 18 minutes to finally feel motivated.  That day I went for 45 minutes on the elliptical.  After that I lifted weights.  Wow, did it feel good.  But I couldn't figure out why I didn't feel motivated.  I was ready to workout when I got to the Y, so why did things change or slow down when I got on the elliptical.

Thru this journey, I am discovering things about myself I never knew and what motivates me.  I find the first song that plays on my iPod sets my mood for my whole workout.  The day it took me 18 minutes to get motivated a soothing, slow tempo song came on first.  Today, when I was able to get a great workout in the first song that played was a very upbeat, motivating song.  So, now I need to make a playlist for just songs to listen to during my workout.  I have some that I know I want on the list, but I am open to suggestions of songs that others like to listen to while working out.

What else I have discovered is that I can move and get into tight spots that I struggled with before.  The Y here has an indoor play park.  The kids love it.  It is great to have this area available for the kids to burn off energy when we can't be outside.  William is getting more comfortable in the play park, but he usually goes up once, comes down the slide and is done.  Today that was not the case.  He went up and came down the slide and then went back up.  When he was up in one of the tunnels he spit up a bit, so up I went with some wet wipes to clean it up.  I was amazed and how easy it seemed to get up the stairs and thru the tunnels.  It was nice to be able to do it.  I even got to go down the slide!  So, while the weight may not be coming off quickly, I am noticing a difference in my body and I LOVE it.

So, another week and another weigh-in has passed.  I found my motivation this week and will keep working towards my goal of losing a few more pounds next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment