Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Katelyn the witty...

Each morning we have a routine.  Get out of bed.  Get ready for school.  Eat breakfast.  Shoes and coat on.  Get in the car and buckle up.  The girls are usually good about doing all of this.  Once I have William in the car and buckled up we are off to drop the girls off at school (on Tuesdays and Thursdays they both have school).  On the way to school we talk about what is going on for the day and what they each have after school.  Today happens to be dance day for both girls.  I usually remind them of this a few times in the morning or they say I didn't tell them.  As Julianne got out of the car this morning, I reminded her one last time that she has dance tonight.  She just gives me that look that says, "You already told me, why are you telling me again?!?!"  I tell her have a good day and we are off to take Katelyn to preschool.

On the way to preschool Katelyn asks if she has dance tonight.  I tell her "Yes".  She says do I get to dance on the "big stage" tonight.  I tell her "No, that is on Saturday."  "Oh", she says.  Next she asks, "Are you going to put my hair in a bun?"  I tell her again, "On Saturday".  She then continues on, reminding me that buns do not stay in her hair.  I tell here, "Mommy will get it to stay in."  She then replies, "Are you going to use Jell-o?" I started laughing and reply, "No, I will use gel to get your bun to stay in."  She looks at me in the most serious way and says, "Close enough, they are pretty much the same!"  I just left it at that, no use in arguing with the logic of a 4-year old.

Oh how I love her and how she makes everything seem so simple.  I can't imagine using Jell-o to get her hair to stay in a bun, it is nasty once it is in hair (yes, I know from experience...Jell-o wrestling at USD).  I think I will stick to the gel for her hair and let her eat some Jell-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment