I hear a lot of parents say their child has a "steel trap" for a mind. Meaning, their child remembers EVERYTHING! I say this frequently about my kids too. This is especially true for Julianne!
Most nights we read stories before bed. Right now we are reading Bible stories from a book that has made the stories easy for the kids to understand. The girls love this book and get excited to read a couple stories each night.
Tonight, as I am reading the Bible stories to the girls I come across the name of a town (Nineveh) and started to stumble over the word, wanting to say Nine-vah. Julianne looks at me and says it is Nin-a-vah. I looked at her in amazement and she says, "Veggie Tales mom"! She says it as if I should know that.
This isn't the first time she has had to help ME! What is going on here? Maybe I should start watching Veggie Tales to learn more about the Bible and how to pronounce towns and the names of people. I am so excited to know that while she is at "daycare" on Wednesday nights, she is actually learning something and that on Sunday morning in Sunday school she is paying attention to the lesson.
What I do love so much about this is her fascination to learn and her ability to remember. So many times we struggle to teach our children and wonder if they are listening to us or to their teachers and then we are surprised to learn they are. This is so true in so many aspects!
To continue on with the Bible stories...
Before I start a new story we talk about the title and if either of the girls knows anything about it. Katelyn sometimes remembers one or two little things about the story. Julianne on the other hand can usually tell me most of the story! I am proud that my little girl, okay my big girl, continues to learn about the Bible and Jesus. What a blessing our Bible book is, as it has brought me closer to my girls thru God's word!
No comments:
Post a Comment