Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow days - you have to embrace them!

Today was the 2nd full snow day of the week for Julianne.  She got out of school early on Monday because of the ice and impending blizzard.  The ice wasn't too bad until the wind and snow hit.  I am not exactly sure how much snow we got, but I did see a weather station that reported Chillicothe as having got 10 inches.  Thursday is another snow day, maybe they will get back to school on Friday.

Today, we embraced the snow by bundling up and taking a walk around the house to see the drifts.  Areas of the yard were quite deep, while others had barely any snow!  The girls had fun and enjoyed getting out. Neither of the girls were outside very long, I would say 20 minutes tops.

Katelyn went in first.  She struggled walking thru parts of the yard because the snow was too deep for her  When her boot came off and her sock got covered in snow she was done.  Julianne wasn't to far behind as she was cold.  I stayed out and cleared most of the driveway.

Here are some pictures from today of the drifts and the girls in the snow.  Enjoy!

The drift out the front door.

A robin looking for food.

 The drift out the garage door. (sorry for the sideways picture)

Side wall in the driveway and garbage cans.

The drift right against the garage door.

Katelyn ready to go out.

The Rambler covered with snow and drifts.

The stairs have disappeared.




Julianne in front of a drift and grader pilings.

 Katelyn in front of a drift.

The other side of the driveway and the front stairs.


Julianne on the front porch.

Katelyn finally made it up.  She stepped down and fell off the front porch into the little rock garden.

Julianne and Katelyn in front of the front door.


Katelyn and Julianne walking along the drift.  In some places it was almost to Katelyn's waist. 

An area where there was barely any snow.

Julianne falling in the snow.

Neat patterns in the snow from the wind.

Drift in front of the slide on the play set.

The back deck.  

Katelyn - freezing!

The dryer vent area even drifted.  I guess I need to do some laundry to melt the snow!

The drift on the neighbor's roof.

Julianne having fun!


The drift by the neighbor's fence.

The girls trying to swing.  It was hard because the snow was deep and they couldn't pump their legs!





The mostly cleared driveway!




Sorry for the sideways pictures.  I am not sure why they are like that.  They are the right way before I add them to the blog.  Have a great evening and enjoy your Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment