Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Julianne...learning to correct

At school Julianne is learning about the proper way to correct writing papers.  I think this is awesome.  However, I noticed something the other day when she was writing a story.  She was purposely not capitalizing words and leaving out punctuation.  I waited to see what she would do and she went back and corrected it.  Underlining the letter that should have been capitalized 3 times and then writing the capital letter by it.  Then she went and put the little sign for insert and put in the punctuation mark.  When I asked her why she was not writing it correct the first time (and she clearly knew she wasn't), she said she liked to go back and "correct" her paper because it is fun to add in all the fun correcting marks!

Maybe I have an English teacher on my hands!

I love it, I just hope she grows out of this phase because it drives me batty!

I had to just laugh when I opened a paper from school that she did and she had corrected herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment